Cooked Teeth refer to the misalignment of the teeth. This can occur when the upper and lower jaw is smaller than usual.
This is a question we often get asked and it’s safe to say it’s very difficult to tell the true cause why teeth become ‘crowded’ or ‘crooked’ in each case, however some examples include:
- Genetics- if a parent or close relative has a history of crooked teeth it is likely that you will also fall into that category. If severe this is the main cause for ‘underbites’ and ‘overbites’
- Habits such as thumb sucking, use of a dummy for extended periods of time
- Premature loss of baby teeth- this is an important factor as it is very common that children lose baby teeth due to tooth decay or trauma. Losing these teeth means that the adult teeth lose their guide, and often therefore push through in other positions.
Not necessarily. The recommendation would be to see one of our Dental experts to assess the severity and complexity of your bite, they will then be able to better advise you on which treatment options you would be suitable for.
Options may include:
- Inman aligner
- Six month smile
Why choose Zenith
- All consultations and reviews are included in the price
- All consultants are UK trained
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Full member of the British College of Aesthetic Medicine (BCAM)